I received a Master’s Degree in Educational Technology from Boise State University in December 2011. The coursework completed during this degree is below with links to course websites created while a graduate student.
EDTECH 501 – Introduction to Educational Technology (Spring 2009)
- Course Description: Overview of the field of educational technology emphasizing current issues, leadership in technology use planning, and evaluation/synthesis of research.
EDTECH 502 – The Internet for Educators (Spring 2009)
- Course Description: Locate, retrieve, and evaluate information found on the Internet. Design and produce instructional Web pages using a combination of software and HTML/XHTML/CSS code. Apply appropriate instructional strategies and models to the design of digital curriculum.
EDTECH 503 – Instructional Design (Fall 2009)
- Course Description: Focuses on systematic design of instruction and alternative models. Project required.
EDTECH 504 – Theoretical Foundations of Educational Technology (Fall 2010)
- Course Description: Overview of classic and contemporary theories of learning and their applications in educational technology and emerging orientations; implications for practice.
EDTECH 506 – Instructional Message Design (Spring 2011)
- Course Description: Apply learning theory, principles of visual literacy, and graphic design techniques for instructional media development. Select and combine visual and text representations to effectively communicate instructional information.
EDTECH 511 – Interactive Courseware Design (Spring 2010)
- Course Description: Learning the tools for development of instructional courseware, which is the graphic interface for delivery of online instruction. Development of functional and instructionally effective courseware.
EDTECH 512 – Online Course Design (Fall 2010)
- Course Description: Emphasizes web-based instructional design for the development of online courses. Consideration is given to various models of online delivery, content organization and presentation, and graphic design. Course participants create a fully-developed online course.
EDTECH 513 – Multimedia (Spring 2010)
- Course Description: Research-based principles of multimedia learning are combined with technical skills of multimedia production to produce a series of digital multimedia projects for classroom and online applications.
EDTECH 596 – Independent Study (Fall 2009)
- Course Description: An independent study course focusing in on forming the EDTECH Graduate Student Association of Boise State University, an asynchronous student association, using the Moodle interface, WordPress, Google Docs, Skype, Second Life, and more.